Saturday, June 15, 2013

HOW ROOKIE MAG CHANGED MY LIFE

I decided to write another post I been dying to write about. As you may have read the title above for this post. I wanted to dedicate a post to the publication that changed my life

ROOKIE!!! 

From the moment Tavi mention that she was going to create a magazine for young girls and all of us with creative minds. I jumped with joy and was excited to what she had in store for us. As you may know that ROOKIE  is about to turn two years old this year and I wanted to share with you all there new cover for there yearbook two ( I was in tears when I saw this):





































As it mentions on the cover there will be lots of contributions from our favorite stars. From Lena Dunham ( love her!!!!) to one of my all time favorite authors Judy Blume (obsessed!!!!!!!!!!).

Can't wait for this and much more from ROOKIE..... But I also wanted to look back and link some of my favorite articles from ROOKIE as well as Tavi Gevinson very own stylerookie blog. In which I would like to post a brief a letter to Tavi:


dear Tavi,

i wanted to reach out to you about you absence in your blog lately. I understand that you are busyier then ever, these past months since the launch of ROOKIEMAG. But I really hope that you find time for your readers in your other site STYLE ROOKIE. For we all as well as myself, really miss your writing and your inspirations posts. i also wanted to thank you for creating such wonderful sites. from your blog to ROOKIE MAG. I am happy to say thank god I was born during this time. I always use to mention when people would ask me:

If you could travel in time what decade or time in history would I like to be have been part of???

As usual I would say " I wish I was born back in the 80's or early 70's. Or maybe even the 20's.......

But I guess that even thought I wish I could visit that time and maybe be born that decade. One thing for sure I'm glad I was born in the 21st century........
thanks again Tavi and may you continue to create such awesome posts and articles for us all : D

your friend




















LINKS TO MY FAVORITE ROOKIE ARTICLES: 


1) http://rookiemag.com/2013/06/movietv-rex/

2) http://rookiemag.com/2013/05/emma-watson-interview/

3) http://rookiemag.com/2011/10/the-enchanting-charm-of-elle-fanning/

4) http://rookiemag.com/2011/12/tavi-room-decorating/

5) http://rookiemag.com/2012/04/thats-how-people-grow-up/





So how did ROOKIE MAG changed my life???

Well for one thing I don't feel alone knowing that there other people like me that enjoy the same things I do. Knowing we have this publication and the freedom to show our talents together.Yes Rookie changed my life and I'm glad it did......I hope to contribute a writing piece of my own ( or my art). Also check out the video by the New York Times who cover the ROOKIE whereabouts....


* ALL PHOTES ABOVE ARE FROM ROOKIE MAG.COM. PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY EMAIL IF YOU WANT THEM REMOVE. THEY ARE USE JUST FOR INSPIRATION. THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment